Management of password
- pass (my choice).
Do not store passwords in the browser or on Internet.
pass can also generate passwords (with
pwgen). Do not hesitate to generate strong passwords for each services you are using, since you won't need to remember them.
pass the passwords store can be a git repository, consequently it is possible synchronizes your passwords between different computers.
Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
- One Time Password (OTP): by SMS, with Google Authenticator or backup codes;
- specific application on your smarthpone or watch;
- YubiKey (my choice).
With the YubiKey you will be able to:
- use the 2FA with services such as Google, GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket, Dropbox;
- generate One Time Password;
- unlock your smartphone;
- upload your GPG private key on it and then for example to protect your passwords store (
passuses GPG for the encryption).